So, you’re planning a birthday party, event, or summer get-together in your home? With all of the decorations, food, and party games to think about, you are definitely going to want to leave the pre-cleaning to the Honomu maid service professionals. CLICK HERE to go directly to Aloha All Natural’s booking page to schedule a housecleaning service in Honomu right now!
Once your home is cleaned and ready, here are some tips to keep the mess to a minimum during the party, and also how to clean things up in 10 minutes once the party is over.
- Set out plenty of microfiber cloths so that spills and messes can be cleaned up immediately.
- Designate an eating area so that you don’t have to worry about messes ending up on your new microfiber couch.
- Leave plenty of lined trash cans/recycling bins out near the designated eating area.
- Close doors to rooms that aren’t necessary. Since you had a Honomu maid service clean your entire house, the more rooms you keep off-limits, the more likely they will stay clean.
- Prepare plenty of to-go containers to send leftovers home with your guests.
- Wash dishes and wipe down the kitchen counters before the party starts.
- Empty the dishwasher so you can rinse, load, and start as soon as the party ends.
As the festivities wind down, load storage containers with doggy bags for your guests. Food makes a great party favor, plus you don’t want all of that food to go to waste.
After the last guest is gone, grab a few quick cleaning essentials and get to work!
Large tray (for gathering dishes)
Step 1:Remove what doesn’t belong. (About 3 minutes)
- Put all trash in the trash bag, collect all dishes on the tray, and put anything that belongs in a different room into the laundry basket.
- If you put out reusable decorations, fold them carefully for storage.
Step 2: Reclaim your space. (About 7 minutes)
- Store any remaining food or beverages.
- Load all dishes into the empty dishwasher.
- Put anything in your laundry basket in its rightful place.
- Wipe down all surfaces with a microfiber cloth.
- Vacuum your floors and flat-mop if necessary.
Step 3: Relax
Seriously, this is a step in the post-party process! You were a fantastic hostess, so you deserve a pat on the back. Plus, you have a spotless home only 10 minutes after the final party guest walked out the door. Who else can say that? You rock!
Way to go! From your first party-prep step of hiring a Honomu house cleaning service, to your final stage of after-party cleanup, you handled that party like a rock star!
Are you a party-throwing connoisseur? What’s your favorite party cleanup trick? Leave us a comment to let us know!
Back to Cleaning Tips Page